For Christmas Ryan got me so super awesome knives - I proved today just how awesome they are :) I was chopping up some tomatoes for the tacos at Ryan's work Cinco de Mayo lunch, and sure enough I chopped off the tip of my thumb. I got really nauseous once I saw what I had chopped off on the knife - gross I know! After 8 hours of being bandaged up, it was still bleeding, so I went to the Urgent Care at the hospital and got all fixed up.
After getting all bandaged up, I asked the doc, "so...what now?" He laughed at me. Seriously though?! He said that nerves come back about 1 mm per week. So by the time it's August I'll have all the feeling back in my thumb. Wow. The docs million dollar question was "do you think your fingerprint will be the same?". What do you think!? Will my fingerprint come back? It's not like I have been fingerprinted lately, so I'll never really know, but kind of weird to think about. Try taking care of a baby with only one thumb...not the easiest thing in the world. Boo. This stinks. I guess I've learned my lesson, and will probably never do it again!
4 years ago


6 comments:
Oh my word Becca! I am so sorry! Sounds painful. I hope it's starting to feel a little better. I am sure it is very hard to take care of a baby with one thumb. I can only imagine! I hope it heals quickly!
ouch!! that is definitely no fun. i do however, like the title you chose for this post :) very clever.
i hope it heals quickly!!
You waited 8 hours to get help? That's what moms do. Take care of everybody else and our little inconveniences will go away. You are a true Farnsworth. Did you know that Grandma walked around on a broken leg?
So sorry. Heal quick!
Oh dear! I am still so sorry! I'm sure it's worse than I imagine but I hope not! (I bet your fingerprint comes back.)
Lets be for real...what do you need the tip of your thumb for anyway. Good thinking just chopping it right off. Hope it feels better soon. Its amazing how quickly you realize how much you use something till you hang. Happy cinco de mayo beccas thumb.
and by "hang" i mean "cant use it". Same difference. Love you :)
Post a Comment