Saturday, January 31, 2009

Enough already

Yep, still sick. After some encouragement from my hubby and my mom, I finally went to the health center to see what was wrong with me. 3 hours later (don't you love the doctor's office...wait...wait...wait), I had 3 new antibiotics and a 4 signed doctor's excuse notes for the next 6 days to excuse me from school/work. Wow, that's awesome. I took advantage and stayed home from work yesterday, slept for what seemed like forever, and had a wonderful relaxing night. I slept in today until 10:30, probably the latest I have slept in every since I've been married, and took all my medications to help me get better soon! The cough that never ends. I forget what it's like to exercise without feeling like I'm going to lose a lung, to talk for hours without having to excuse my self because of the cough attack. Anyway, I'm hoping it will soon come to end. It's already been a month too long.

As far as my new job goes...I'm not too excited about it anymore. My problem is that I absolutely love the company, I love the people that work there, and I love the atmosphere there. But my problem is, that I do not enjoy sales. It is something that just doesn't come natural to me. I am currently taking a sales management course at BYU, and I thought that that course would help me enjoy doing sales at work, but it hasn't so far. I keep telling myself that I'm still new and that there is always a learning curve, but I would so much rather go to a job that I want to do! I'm hoping that a position in another department will open soon, but we'll see how the next few weeks go.

Ok, I feel better now that I've gotten all that out.

4 comments:

Hayley Baum said...

I'm telling you, you really should get checked for mono! I was on bed rest 3 times in one year, and at first I thought it was just a cold or sinus infection. The problem is-- you can't get better with antibiotics! So if it doesn't get better asap, get checked! Hope you start feeling better asap so you can rule that option out!

Becky said...

Bummer you've been so sick!! That's the WORST! I was sick last year for two months with a bunch of different colds that all seemed to mesh into one. Anyway, it was such a damper on an already long and cold winter. However, I just had a bunch of common colds one after another. . .and was very prego. It is so hard when you are sick an you are working--when do you ever catch up?! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Melissa Grow said...

I can see why you'd need to get that out. I don't think I've ever been sick that long! And I can also see what you mean about sales. I would say that it takes some getting used to! Good luck!

RF said...

The best thing about being young is that you have plenty of time to find out what you are good at and what you want to do. Just keep taking those opportunities and keep working hard. Take care of yourself this week!