Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gotta love change

Yep, definately exhausted. A new job, new classes, and a whole new busy schedule. I am really enjoying my new job, it's been really tough just trying to learn all of the ropes, but I'm sure it'll come to me soon. I spent the first few days just observing, and listening in on conversations, but then on Friday I started taking calls of my own. I have never worked in sales before, and it's tough! People can be mean, but then people can be very entertaining and funny all at the same time. However, the office being 15 minutes away on a good day...the 2 feet of snow we got earlier this week made it all the more stressful. That 15 minutes quickly turned into an hour....lot's of time in the car. Any suggestions for books on tape or something? I did have to miss a few classes here and there this past week and next week for some training for work, which I hate missing class, but you've got to do what you've got to do.
I'm excited for all of my classes; my teachers are all pretty fun and entertaining, so those 8 a.m. classes shouldn't be too bad. I vowed as a freshman after taking my first 8 a.m. class that I'd never do it again...but here I am...my last semester having 8 a.m. classes...boo. That's ok, a good paying job, and one more step towards graduation...I'll take it!

3 comments:

Melissa Grow said...

I'm glad the job is going well. As far as time in the car, it's actually kind of nice to have a few minutes to sit back and think. I know it's not the safest thing in the world, but I often use that time to make phone calls to people I haven't seen in a while. Good luck with week 2!

Brandon and Katie said...

where do you get your cute backgrounds? darling! anyway, brandon and I just started listening to steven covey's 7 habits of highly effective people on CD and they are great!! If you're going to be driving a lot I definitely recommend popping them in. Good luck!

Becky said...

Becca,
When I used to work and had such a tight schedule, I would listen to the scriptures or conference addresses on CD. It not only helped de-stress my day a little, but it also helped me get my scripture "reading" in while I was driving--killing 2 birds with one stone. Anyway, I wish I did that now. Just an idea. Congrats on your first sale!