Friday, April 15, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

When I found out that Ry was going to take the job at Target, move our family out here, and leave all we had behind - I discovered I had a bargaining chip. I told him that I would go to Minnesota if...I could get a new bedroom set. We had a 13 year old mattress, we never had owned any bedside lamps, and our bedding was nice...but confused (brown, tan, red? who knew what was happening?). Here was our bedroom
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Pure happiness. I had a spend and splurge kind of attitude, and it worked out wonderfully. We left all of our old bedroom furniture in Utah, and started brand new here in Minnesota. First we bought our new mattress at Macy's (splurge - but it was on sale, so we saved a few hundred dollars, so maybe a splave: a splurge and a save) and they shipped here to our new address, it was perfect! We bought our duvet cover from Anthropologie (splurge), and I love love love it!! My desire for new bedding all began with this duvet cover. (We already had our down comforter so we saved a little by not have to buy a whole new comforter).
We made the headboard (save), and also made the pillows (save).
 
And thank you to IKEA we were able to get some cute but inexpensive side tables and lamps. (SAVE!)
The great thing about have a neutral headboard, side tables, and bedding is that I can always switch out and change the pillows and just have fun with a bunch of different colors. They're fun for now! I love walking into my bedroom, it makes me so happy.

8 comments:

Jessie said...

oh my goodness!!!! i love it! our bedroom is in serious need of a makeover; you have inspired me to make it happen! :)

if you find any spare time, you should post some tutorials on all of those CUTE pillows you made!

p.s. i would love to keep reading your blog when you go private. my email is jessie.lynn.george@gmail.com

perdue family said...

No wonder why I loved that duvet cover so much....ANTHRO!!!! Hello. Looks so good Becca. Glad you have a new everything. You deserve it!! Ps. Can't wait to see you in a few days :)

Cason and Marie said...

It looks sooo good! I love it! I should've done a deal with Cason. Gosh darn it! Why didn't I think of that?

Love the pillows!!

aunt nancy said...

A happy wife makes a happy husband! That Ryan is SOOOOO smart.
btw Did you buy anything at Target?
ps So stealing some of your pillow ideas.

Starlee said...

You have great taste Becca! I love the room, especially those darling pillows. I hope you are enjoying MN. Mike served his mission there and every time I complain about the cold UT winters, he reminds me that we could be living in MN. I shut up real fast :) I'm glad Spring is soon approaching. I hear that it is beautiful there in the Spring. I'd love to stay connected through your blog. My e-mail is starleedawn@gmail.com. Take care!

Melissa Grow said...

so cute!I need to learn crafty skills from my sisters and make us some new pillows! please include me when you go private! :)

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

Your bedroom looks lovely! So bright and happy!

Linds said...

Beautiful!!!