Saturday, April 9, 2011

6 Months

Olivia is 6 months old today. She is a very good baby. She loves to smile. It's her natural reaction to smile when she makes eye contact with people. She is using her hands very well, wanting to grab everything in sight. She is officially sleeping through the night, usually from about 7:30 pm - 7:00 am, which we are loving!! We've tried some solids, but she doesn't seem to thrilled, so we'll try again soon.
She takes out her binky and will put it back in her mouth. I will hold her binky in front of her face and she opens her mouth and leans forward to put it in her mouth. She loves her binky, and we do too! It keeps her very high-pitched squeals and screams to a minimum :) And she loves Sargie! He always makes her smile.
Her hair is really starting to grow in, I'm excited! It's a really light brown, almost a dirty-blond. Her eyes are still a really pretty kind of greenish-gray color. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but they're definitely not brown.
 Olivia is starting to get the concept of sitting up on her own. She can do it for a few seconds, but will slowly fall to the side or forward. She'll be doing it very soon I'm sure.
 She has also learned that she really likes her tummy time. She's still trying to figure out how to roll from front to back, but she has gone from back to front several times. you would think she'd figure out what is supposed to be easier first!
We have loved seeing her grow, learn and develop. She is a beautiful girl, and is so happy. We're getting so excited to visit family in a few weeks and show her off!

8 comments:

Melissa Grow said...

So cute! I can't wait to see how much she has grown since last time we saw you!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness she looks just like you!!! I especially love the nakey baby picture...so cute!! And she has so much hair now! YAY! She won't be a baldie. Tell her and Sarige that Auntie Jen loves them

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

Grammy loves you, too! Happy 6 months, Olivia! We can't wait to squeeze those chubby cheeks in a couple of weeks. You make US happy!

You are just a dollbaby! Love you!

Michelle and Brady said...

She is growing up so fast! she is so darling and i love your idea of the picture with the 6 month sign.... So cleaver and cute!!!

Courtney Low said...

Becca she just gets cuter and cuter every day! These pictures are just darling

Lindsey S. said...

I love all these pictures. You can tell she is a happy baby! I am glad you are getting to sleep so great. Matthew does about 9 hours and I can't wait until he drops that 5 am feeding. I would love 7! She must love that tummy time to never roll over. It looks like she enjoys it very much!

Lindsey S. said...

P.S. When do you get here?

Cason and Marie said...

OH she is sooo cute Becca!! She is growing too big too fast. Don't you wish time would just slow down?!