Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yellow Cake Cornbread Muffins

I think I've been out of the loop on this one. Whenever I had cornbread I always wanted to put lots of butter and honey on it to make it sweet. But I have found a delicious solution! Liz Hawkins introduced me to the idea, and I'm never going back.

Mix your yellow cake batter and cornbread batter, then combine the two batters. Let it sit for about 3-4 minutes. Then fill up your muffin tin about 1/2 way. Bake for about 11-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

It's so yummy! I love it because it's not as crumbly, more moist, and already the perfect amount of sweetness. Try it, seriously my new favorite thing.

2 comments:

Melissa Grow said...

Good idea! I'm totally going to try it!

perdue family said...

Yum yum yum. I have tons of chile in the house and looks like I've found a way to help eat it all. Thanks Becca!