4 or 5 square pieces of fabric, make them all different sizes.
3 or 4 small triangle pieces of fabric.
Scissors
Thread and a needle
Cut a long piece of thread, and tie the end of it in a knot.
Round the edges randomly, don't make the petals too perfectly even.
Take the biggest petal and go up through the petal so your knot is on the back side. Go in a square and do 4 or 5 stitches.
Then pull on the thread to scrunch up the petal to give it some dimension.
Go down and up through the petal to help keep the scrunching in place.
Now add the petal that is a little smaller than the petal you just completed. Put the petal all the way down to the other petal so they are touching.
Do as you did above on the other petal by doing 4 or 5 stitches in square.
Pull the thread to scrunch up the petal. Then go up and down through both petals to help keep them in place.
Repeat these steps for the other 2 or 3 petals that you have.
Take one of the smaller rounded triangles and roll it up for the middle of your flower.
Sew this petal right in the middle of your other petals.
With the other two small rounded triangles sew the bottom as pictured below and pull down on to your flower. These petals should surround your rolled up middle petal.
Glue it to a hair clip or headband and enjoy!!

5 comments:
Love, love, love it!
Looks so good! And the St. Patty's food looks wonderful too. I guess I can't use the excuse that I have a baby so I'm not usually as productive as you are... no excuse!
My goodness you make that look easy. Thank you SO MUCH for the how to :). And i second that GO COUGS!!!
Awesome, Becca! Love the food, love the onesie, love the flower. I'm too old to wear one, huh?! I should make them for my granddaughters! Love you!
And what a good little model, Livvy! (2 v's?)
Post a Comment