Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just go do it!

Ok, so this past Sunday I taught a lesson on "Finding Joy in our Lives Now". This lesson was more for me than for the young women, but it was exactly what I needed to hear. The past week or so I haven't been extremely thrilled about my job and actually found myself randomly crying out of frustration because of the lack of ability I have to do sales.

As I have talked to my husband, and with other family members and friends I realized that if I did not enjoy the work I was doing, then I didn't have to do it! If I was unhappy then I had to do something to change that aspect of my life. Life is definitely too short to just sit around and wait for the next opportunity and wait for when we will magically be happy one day. You have to go out and look for those opportunities, you have to have a better attitude about the life that you have and make the best of it.

So with all of that said, I went and talked to the director of the Bookstore this morning, and after some discussion, I was later offered a position as a Marketing Intern for the BYU Bookstore. I am going to have the wonderful opportunity to work first hand with the marketing specialist there and will contribute in creating surveys, collecting data, creating reports and doing presentations on the data we have collected. I get to actually incorporate all that I'm learning in my classes. I am so excited for this answer to my prayers and I am going to make the best of this situation.

Now I am going to encourage all of you that if you are unhappy with some aspect of your life, do what you can to change it or make the best of it! If you've gained a bit more weight from Christmas than you were hoping, then buckle down and do something about it and don't put it off until "tomorrow". Or if you hate your hair, go cut it or color it. If you wished you were a better journal writer then designate a time each week or each day that you're going to do it. Anyway, you get the drift. Just make sure you are looking for the best thing out of every situation and you will find yourself much better off and much happier. Ok, so take that for what it's worth, but I hope that my little soap box will help you all find more joy in your lives now! Good luck!

5 comments:

lizzyjean88 said...

I totally needed to hear that! Thanks!!!!

perdue family said...

NICE! Way to go to leave behind the smelly men and do something you want. Apparently you were meant for the bookstore. Ill come visit.

perdue family said...

High School Tag

1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL?

2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE?

3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY?

4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL?

5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT?

6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR?

7. WERE YOU A NERD?

8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS?

9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED?

10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG?

11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS?

12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH?

13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME?

14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS?

15. WHO WAS HOMECOMING ROYALTY?

16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU?

17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION?

18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY?

19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS?

20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN?.

21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE?

22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION?

23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL?

24. WERE YOU AN HONOR STUDENT?

25. DID YOU TAKE SEMINARY?

26. WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR MOST FUN TIME?

27. WERE YOU CONSIDERED SHY OR OUTGOING?

28. ANY LAST MEMORIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?

Jen said...

This is why I love my sister

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

Now I know you are my daughter! Thank you for your inspiring comments from your life experience. They remind me of my DO IT talk I gave in zone conference and sent to you in January. Life is too short....Also, look at Pres. Monson's talk on "Joy in the Journey." You are RIGHT ON!