Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Internship Update

I know everyone is just dying to hear how my internship at the Bookstore is going, and so you get to hear all about it! My first day was last Tuesday, so I've been there a week already and it is just fabulous. The Bookstore hired an amazing woman, who just received her MBA here at BYU, as their Marketing Specialist. She has a huge list of things to do and I have basically come on board to help her with most of the student-oriented projects. We have already planned a focus group for the middle of March to help with one study, and we have drafted several different proposals for other studies that we would like to conduct to help the Bookstore become more profitable.

In the next few months I will be able to be involved with collecting data from students and gain a better understanding of students' perceptions of and interactions with the BYU Bookstore. I believe there will be survey writing, data collection, data mining, a written report and a presentation to management involved. This is the perfect internship and experience I could have ever asked for. I will be able to take all that I am doing here and take it to my potential employers and show them what I can do, and what I have done. I am so fortunate to have this opportunity and I am so excited for these next few months with all that I am going to be able to do and learn.

Happy Birthday Jane Anne!

1 comment:

Melissa Grow said...

I am happy that you are happy!