The most coveted t-shirt on BYU campus is the Intramural Champion T-shirt. Last night my coed soccer team was playing in the semi-finals. We played the first and second half with the scoreboard still indicating a big fat 0-0. We went into a 5 minute overtime, still 0-0. So we got to a shoot out. Two lame calls by the referree that our goalie had moved too soon, and the game was over. I wasn't the best player on my team by any means, but I take full credit for getting an awesome team together! This was my last chance to play intramural soccer at BYU and the shot at being a champion barely slipped through my fingers. Well, I am playing softball this summer with intramurals, we'll see what we can do!
It's also my Dad's birthday today! I have the best dad in the world. He has been such a great example to me in my life in all that he did at work, in the church and with our family. He has always been such a great supporter in everything that I did. There are now hundreds of young missionaries, church leaders, members and many others who are now better because they have known him. I love you daddy! I'll make you a birthday cake in 3 weeks!
4 years ago

4 comments:
I am impressed that you are such a beautiful, talented, yet sporty girl! Way to play sports! I am sorry you didn't get your t-shirt. Sometime we need to chat and I'll tell you about the time I played on an int. girls flag football team and our competition nearly ripped my shirt in half...and it was my husband's Houston Rockets Championship shirt! It was the only time I almost got in a fist fight with another girl. Ha! :) I feel your pain! Good luck in softball and happy birthday to your Dad! He looks like he's turning 39???
THREE WEEKS? Wow, you get to see your parents soooooo soon. YAY!
And sorry about the soccer game... lame-o BYU Intramural officials. Im sure Jenn can pull a few strings ;)
Becca, I feel for you. This week my work team lost the "world series" of slow pitch softball. It's disappointing to be so close and lose. But I think your loss was a little more tragic, because those intramural shirts really are coveted. Good luck with softball!
Your Dad sounds awesome! I have a brother that could beat your Dad up!
Post a Comment