Thursday, June 18, 2009

Done, done, and done

Yesterday I took my very last final. I am completely finished with my degree in business management with an emphasis in marketing. It has been a very difficult 4 years, and the many late nights, the tremendous amount of stress, the worry of meeting a deadline, the early mornings, the boring class periods, the testing center, and all that jazz is no more part of my life. Really, I'm finished, it's so surreal. I think it'll take a few weeks to really settle in. Ry and I have been doing year round for almost 2 years straight, and in those 2 years I have had 4 weeks of the two Christmas breaks to rest from school. It's such a strange feeling knowing that I'm not going back. I have been looking forward to this day for so long, and all that hard work couldn't be more worth it.

The biggest thing that I learned, wasn't cost-benefit analysis, it wasn't differentiating a forward, future, an option or a swap, and it wasn't Porter's 5 forces....but it was that no matter how discouraged or overwhelmed I may be, I can do it. I learned that all I can do is my best, and my best will be good enough. I learned never to give up, to keep giving it your all, and never stop just because you think it will be too hard or will be too much work. I learned to find the best in others, and to let them do what they're best at, and learn from what they can do. Lastly, I learned how lucky and blessed I am to have a wonderful husband who will stay by me no matter what, and I have other family members and friends that love me for who I am.

Class of 2009 BABY!!!

13 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations Becca! That is a great accomplishment and I know you guys have worked so hard. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Cason and Marie said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I was in your shoes right now! Good work!!

Lindsey S. said...

Congrats! I'm proud of you. I never questioned that you couldn't do it though. Your amazing. Yay for Becca! Want to finish for me?

perdue family said...

tip of the hat to us... CLASS of '09. BAM!

Melissa Grow said...

Hurray!!!! I'm so happy for you. It is a weird feeling, but wonderful at the same time. Maybe I'm a nerd, but I miss school every once in a while. Okay, I'm a nerd

Brandon and Katie said...

wow!! congrats that's so exciting. What now? little baby on the way?? :) haha

The Red Crew said...

Hey Becca, this is Carly (Runia) Red, I found your blog off the timpview girls site... anyways... Congrats!!!! I can't imagine how awesome you must feel right now! Well, i just wanted to tell you how glad I am to have read this on your blog this morning. I'm at a deadline with one of my hardest classes ever (online...and yes i'm still putt, putt, putting towards graduation..lame i know)and with just having my 2nd baby i really have been tempted to throw in the towel, but you totally inspired me! That even if it looks as if the work load is impossible, and i can't do it, I can! I'm sure the satisfaction of endurance is overwhelming. So thanks and congrats again!

Jennifer said...

Yea! What a great feeling. Congrats on graduation. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

Michelle said...

YAYYYYYY!!!! Go to the pool right now and stay there all day.

Michelle said...

p.s. this is rebbie...she's an obedient missionary i promise :)

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

We had no doubts. We're sooooooooo proud of you sweetie!!

Linds said...

It really is an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!

Ruby and Brett Mansfield said...

Congrats Becca! I'm jealous...