Saturday, June 9, 2012

Orem Summer Fest

We drove past the Orem Summer Fest Carnival last night coming home from the airport and we thought it'd be way fun to go. So we all slept in until about 10:00 (still a little on Hawaii time), did some unpacking and laundry, got some dinner with Josh, and hadn't really spent much time outside. I guess we were deceived how cold it was by the wind since the sun was shinning so bright! 

We called up the Durrants and we went to the Summer Fest, in shorts and t-shirts - no jackets, nothing. I felt like such a bad mother, Livy was freezing! We lasted about an hour, but once her lips started changing color and her bottom lip started quivering I decided it was definitely time to go. So we got the most out of every minute we could. 
Livster hated the carousel. Tate seemed to enjoy it, but Livy was a bit nervous.  
 Then we went down the slide, twice. You can see that Tate liked this one a lot more than Livy too! I think Livy secretly enjoyed this one though :)


 Since Tate and Livy were tall enough to do the boats, we decided to try them out. 
 Livy lasted about 10 seconds, and just started bawling and trying to climb out. So the little hispanic man stopped the ride and came over to me and said pointing to Livy "Leave". Haha, it was great. So Tate rode by himself. 
 We paid a stinking dollar for Livy to get a rubber ducky. She was super excited about this one. A few misses, but finally a hit. 
 Then to top it off, they had Woody and Buzz! So we went in the little Fun House, super lame, but what do you expect for 2 tickets!? 

 We had had enough of this wind. It was so crazy! I haven't been in wind like that for a long time. I'm glad we went. It was a good memory. Hopefully Livy's next carnival will be a little more successful. 
That night once Livy was in bed I noticed we could see the fireworks from our house. So we went up to the roof and caught the last few minutes. 

No comments: