Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oahu, Day 1

We are here. We've been counting down the days for some time now. We packed our bags and made the long flight over seas to Hawaii. I was so nervous to fly with Livy. She is just so active, and I had no idea how this was all going to go down. We first flew to LAX, then onto Oahu. She stayed awake the entire flight. She fought going to sleep, in fact, the only time she was fussy was when we tried to put her to sleep. So we just kept her entertained! Thanks to lots of treats, an iPad, and princesses, we made it. We landed at about midnight Utah time, she had been awake for over 12 hours. Literally the second I stepped off the plane her eyes rolled back and she was out. 

Then the airline lost our carseat. Awesome. Can't leave the airport without a carseat. So LUCKILY, we had wrapped her seat in a huge white plastic bag with snowmen all over it. Since it was so recognizable we were able to track it down quickly, somehow packed all of our stuff into the van, and made our way to our condo. 
 Livy slept great, and we all time adjusted really well. We were up at about 5:30 am, so we hit the pool nice and early. Livy tried to put on my swimming suit...

And finally convinced her that she looked "pretty" in her own swim suit. 


 We went for a drive around the island to Laie. Due to Friday afternoon traffic it took a bit longer than we had hoped.




We went to the temple. Went through the visitors center and loved walking through out the grounds. It was all so beautiful.  











 We drove by my old stomping grounds when I was just a wee child. It was so fun telling everyone about some of those childhood memories. Bare foot. Hula lessons. Learning to ride a bike. Catching geckos. Here's BYU Hawaii, and my old house (just across the street from BYU-H).


 For dinner we went to a place just up the road called Crouching Tiger. It was so good ole' Hawaiian food. It was so delicious! I think we all got the pulled pork, pineapple coleslaw, and a virgin Lava Flow. Livy on the other hand had chicken nuggets, fries...and butter...with a knife. What can I say we were desperate.






Thank heavens we still have a whole week of this to come :)


2 comments:

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

What a glorious day! How fun! I love how you smell flowers when you step off the airplane. I'm glad Livy is a trooper! Have so much fun! We'll talk soon!

perdue family said...

ALOHA!!! Love the pics! Glad you guys made it safe :) Have SO much fun!! And say hi to a sea turtle for me.