Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baby Quilt

I wanted to do something special for my baby girl, something that she could always have that would always be hers. Rather than just buying a crib bedding set I decided to make her a quilt and keep everything else to the simple bare essentials. I have never made a quilt before, but I decided to go for it. My mom and I were able to figure it out, and I must say, it turned out pretty darn cute. She probably won't use it as an actual quilt until she's older since she's mostly going to be bundled as a baby burrito for awhile, but it'll just but cute to look at until then. It was a fun project and really built my confidence in sewing! It was especially fun to sew this all together knowing that is was for someone so special. I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

Janie said...

I love it! What a beautiful quilt. I can't wait for your baby to get here!!!