Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Day(s)

We had a fabulous 3 days of Christmas with family this year. We went to the Christmas Carol at the Hale Center Theatre on the 23rd with the Jackson's. It's an annual tradition, and we love it. We then celebrated Christmas Eve that night, and had our own Christmas on the 24th. Christmas morning we had a delicious breakfast casserole (also a tradition), then we took the family picture on the stairs, then we discovered that Santa brought us a GPS (which will be very handy in a few months), and then we opened presents. Olivia was tuckered out from such a fun breakfast that she missed all of the present opening, but she got the most adorable little outfits! We relaxed and enjoyed being with family the rest of the day.

Then that night we celebrated Christmas Eve again, with the Farnsworth Family. We had a delicious pork chop dinner, played some games, and of course watched a few family videos. The next morning, we had another yummy Christmas breakfast with the famous sticky buns and oranges with powdered sugar. Then it was present time, again! Olivia got a beautiful blanket her grammy made for her, I got some awesome ear muffs, and Ryan was excited to sport his Vikings t-shirt. We got some other fun things, but we love spending time with family most of all. We did a puzzle, played some more games, and just enjoyed laughing and enjoying Christmas!

We then came home and had our own little Christmas. Liv got some Baby Einstein dvds, some books, and some more adorable clothes. Ryan got more a new knife set! I have been waiting for this day since the day we got married. The knives are so amazing, my old knives were sooo awful, thank you honey! He also thoughtfully framed "The Proclamation" and "The Living Christ" for our house. I mentioned it once, and he caught on pretty quick! Ryan got some very nice shirts and ties, some movies, and a digital frame for his desk. It was such a fantastic Christmas.

Most importantly, we loved the opportunity to remember and celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I had a new found appreciation for Mary this Christmas, since I spent 2010 pregnant. I understood a small fraction of how she was feeling, the anticipation of something so great and amazing. She had tremendous faith and a great deal of strength. What an amazing holiday, and season.

2 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

AHHH What knives did you get? Mine are awful too! They look nice but they are terrable!! I need some good ones. I sometimes feel like throwing mine against the wall because they are so terrable. Then if someone where to see they might take my children away! ha!

Lindsey S. said...

P.S. Olivia has gotten so big. Can't wait to see her tomorrow. Cutest little family you guys are!