So people really aren't lying when they say being a mom is hard. They aren't lying when they say you don't get any sleep. They aren't lying when they say all you feel like you do all day is feed your child. They aren't lying when they say you seriously change a dozen diapers a day. Being a mom is not an easy thing. I have had my 3 a.m. moments of tears. I have had projectile poop cover my shirt, and buckets of spit-up puddle in my lap. I have had nights when she wants to eat every other hour. I have had my moments of complete frustration-confusion-exhaustion.
But the thing is ... after looking at this cute face how can I ever complain? We tell Olivia everyday that it's a good thing she's cute because she makes the most stressful moment bring a smile to my face. I love her cute face and chubby belly. I love how heavily she breathes when she sleeps. I love the way she squeals in her sleep. I love the way she rolls her eyes and smiles when she's half asleep. I love the way she stubbornly puts her lips together when she's done eating. I love the way she puts her arms up like she's showing off her biceps when she sleeps. I love the way she squeezes my fingers so tight with her strong little grip. I love that she's my baby and she'll always be mine.
4 years ago


9 comments:
:) what a cute post! and what an ADORABLE little girl!! olivia is such a cutie...and she has such an amazing mommy too.
They are a lot of work but they are worth it. I promise it gets easier. the first few months can be exhausting!
Becca, seriously I agree! 2.5 weeks of pure joy, tears, and smiles. It's a LOT of work. No more time for "me" or housework for that matter! Congratulations on little Olivia!
You made me cry! Ok, so maybe I'm still a little emotional, but I just want to see my baby's cute little face and belly too. I'll enjoy my sleep until then though. :)
: )
I think Heavenly Father knew exactly what he was doing when he created children. Because you would think all those things would just make you crazy, but they are too darn cute and we love them too much to really care about the frustrating things. It's all so worth it! Love this post!
I...am...obsessed...I love Olivia, please tell her I said so
She is darling! just wait! It gets better everyday!
she is adorable. so fun to see you the other day and i'm so glad you're doing so well! thanks again for doing my part in producing more great grandkids for the fam.
Post a Comment