It should be called "The 6 Week Peak - of Death". If any of you have read a baby book, or had a baby, you may be familiar with this 6 week peak. Up until this point the baby progressively gets more and more fussy. Cries for no reason - often. Doesn't sleep as much, or for as long. Takes twice as long to go to sleep because they have to be soothed until their eyelids no longer flutter. Then "they" tell you that it's not when their 6 weeks old, but it's 6 weeks from their due date. So our sweet Olivia still has "one" more week of this increasing fussiness craziness. Then after those 6 weeks it's supposed to gradually get better. Oh goodness. I don't want to wish time away because I am loving this sweet little baby time, but at the same time, I count down the hours of every day.
BUT... on a more positive note (minus all that fussy business), little Liv has the cutest darn smile I've ever seen. She is finally getting more responsive and will smile back (prompted with a hight-pitched tone of voice, and a humungo smile, then she'll maybe smile back). She is much more alert, noticing lights, fans, and mobiles. We love this girl. What a doll.
Also... on a side note, I had the most amazing workout today. I finally got cleared to exercise, and I could actually go running (for the first time since like June)! I was exhausted, could hardly breathe, my muscles and joints all have forgotten how to move, but it felt amazing.
4 years ago

5 comments:
I totally forgot about that short fussy period. And I say it's short (although I know it doesn't feel short at the time) BECAUSE I forgot about it. It'll be over soon. : )
Fussyness is never fun. Hopefully she gets over it soon. Matthew has his moments but I think it's more his acid reflux. :(
I so wish I thought working out felt good. I am struggling and really need to get back at it. I think it's the lack of sleep that is killing me. Maybe one day soon. Thanks for inspiring me though!
Oh, the joys :) Becca, you are doing awesome!! It is so hard to have a little baby who is fussy. It is so exhausting. It really does pass, you'll even forget how hard it all is right now. Love ya :)
Hang in there, sweetie! You are such a sweet, loving mommy. Liv is a lucky girl! (I love her smiles, too!)
thanks for reminding me what I have to look forward to! You're right about the Mom blog too. And it's only been a few days since I've truly realized what moms do for every child. Thanks Mom!
Post a Comment