Monday, April 12, 2010

A Little Project

My mother calls it my "nesting instinct", but I see it as "I saw something I wanted to do, so I did it!". I was at my parents house the other day, and I thought to myself, this vanity is old, and could be so dang cute! So I had my mom come in to Four Chairs, pick from all of our paint colors, and went at it. We sanded it down, painted it with antique sage green, antiqued it, glazed it, top coated it, added some new cute knobs and TA-DA -- as good as new!




My mom was kind enough to let me go with this, but she figured they'll probably tear it all out to remodel eventually, so why not add a little color in the meantime? The pictures don't really do any justice, the glaze looks a little funny in these pics, but it really did turn out super cute.

8 comments:

Jane Anne said...

when we get our house in AZ you need to come make it cute ...

Jen said...

I am very impressed with the nesting skills of hello prego....agreed with Jane Anne...in my future home, you will be my decorator! Thanks :)

Sue Jackson said...

So cute!!! I need to hire you as my decorator!!

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

As a second witness, I guarantee.....it really is cute!! Thank you so much, Becca! You have inspired me!

Jennifer said...

Ooh! I like!

Diana said...

I LOVE this! I am totally impressed and I think that I need to stop by 4 chairs next time I'm in Utah!

perdue family said...

Very cute becca. I want to redo my kitchen table and would love love love if you could show me how. More like im going to make you. Ill apologize in advance.

Corinne Baird said...

Why don't you come visit us with a little nesting instinct! That is so cute!