Saturday, December 5, 2009

My New Hobby

Part of my awesome job is that I have to learn how to finish furniture so that I can give advice to people finishing their own furniture or having Four Chairs finish it for them. Anyway, I took a class, then I decided to take the plunge and finish my own dining chairs. It was so fun! We bought a table last month - which is counter-height and we love it - and so to make the table and chairs look like a set, I matched the seats to look like the table. Then we threw in some color to make our house a little more fun. I love it! The great thing about wood furniture is we can always paint it all again if we get sick of it. But for now, it's something new and fun! I just finished a frame, and my next project is our entertainment center, can't wait.


10 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun! I love the different colors

Jen said...

The colors look fantastic! I love i!

Melissa Grow said...

Those turned out really cute, nice work!

Jennifer said...

That sounds like SO much fun! I'm jealous of your dreamy job. I hope you learn all the tricks of the trade so you can give me pointers one day!

Jacob said...

becca those are so cute! im so impressed! and so jealous of your job! i wanna come see your house...britt and i should come over some time, and we should take another run to hobby lobby! seriously love the different colors on the table set and the matching seats. adorable. way to go

Diana said...

I LOVE THIS! I am seriously ordering from your store next time we get a dining set. I love how the seats match the table...love everything about it. Good job becca!

Cason and Marie said...

I love it!! Great job! I would love to do this to my boring brown kitchen table. Great idea!

Becky said...

Those chairs are awesome!!! I love your new hobby. I wish we could trade hobbies for a few months so I could get some stuff like that done in my home. :)

Karissa and Mik said...

Those chairds turned out so cute! love them!

Lindsay said...

SO DARLING!!!!!!!!