Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Candy, Crackers and Christmas

Ok I admit it, I don't have one Christmas decoration up in my house. Well I have one flower arrangement that we got from Ry's work party, but besides that absolutely nothing. Am I a Scrooge? Do I not like Christmas? No and no. I actually LOVE Christmas, and I always look forward to decorating the tree, hanging up lights, and being all festive. But this year I decided that since I was decorating my house and trying to make it livable, that I'd just save the Christmas decorations for next year. My mom kept trying to give me just one strand of lights, or just one little tree, but it's an all or nothin' thing.

Anyway... in order to be a bit more festive we made cute little Gingerbread houses! Well graham cracker houses...but they're just as cute. We made them both with my family and with our new friends the Durrants. Lindsay and Ryan also just moved in and they're two doors down from us. They're both just working and living life like we are, they also just bought their first place too, and they also have a cute little dog (but they're little Lucy is cuter than Sarge, sorry Sargie..) . Here are some pics from the different festivities!








2 comments:

Jen said...

I still think Sargie is cuter (don't worry Sarge, I got your back)...they look like fun though! Yay for friends

aunt nancy said...

I noticed a basketball game on tv in the background. My little brother is still the same. Did he ever tell you about the football game they watched on tv (muted) while listening to General Conference on the radio?