Friday, December 5, 2008

Temple Square

This past week we got to go to Temple Square with the youth in our ward. For the past year or so, Ry has been the young men's president, and I've been the 1st counselor in young women's, so we've had fun going to mutual together and serving the youth. Anyway, we love our callings, and we love the youth in our ward. We also got to see the Joseph Smith movie on the Restoration, and it amazes me every time I see it. If you have never seen this movie, or have not seen it in awhile, then take an afternoon and go up to SLC and see it. It's simply amazing! It makes me realize that I really can't complain about the trials I face, it's nothing like the early saints had to go through. Here are all of our youth, 3 YM and 3 YW, and if you think that's small... our numbers have doubled since last year!

I had an interview with Deseret Book Corporate for an internship Wednesday morning, and she told me that they had free hot chocolate in the Deseret Book store across from the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, so if you happen to go up there this Christmas season, go get some free Stephen's hot chocolate...and browse around the store I guess. We got stuck in the Jazz traffic...so it was a late night, but totally worth it! We love the lights.

4 comments:

Melissa Grow said...

Yeah, beware. When we went for the free hot chocolate, they took forever to refill the canister. By the time it was finally our turn, it more like slightly-warmer-than-cold chocolate. But it was free and we still had a great time!

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

How fun! I'd love to browse a Deseret Book. We love the Joseph Smith Movie, too. Twice a month the missionaries can take their investigators to the MTC to see it. Every time is a powerful experience. Sooooooooooo many baptismal invitations have come after seeing that movie. "Shall we not move on in so great a cause?" Good luck with the Deseret Book interview. It would be an interesting place to work. Con amor...............

Lindsey S. said...

So fun! I want to go so bad but Bailey's eating schedule is so off and it's so cold to take her out. You guys look cute!

Rachel said...

Becca THANK YOU for posting this pic!!! I really love and miss those girls like CRAZY!!! They all look so good!! Please give them hugs and kisses for me. And tell them that I am planning a trip in April... so I will be knocking on their doors!! Again thanks for posting, this totally made my day!!