Saturday, August 23, 2008

We did it!

We had an earlier morning, up around 4:45 AM and on our way to Mapleton where we took a bus up Hobble Creek Canyon to endure the hour of cold weather before the sun came up. Promptly at 7:30 the gun went off, the iPod began, and our 13.1 mile trek was under way. It was such a beautiful run through the mountains and trees on a perfect summer morning.

Ry stayed with me for the first 2 miles and then I let him and his long strides go ahead. We both had such a good experience, we really enjoyed ourselves. It was our first 1/2 marathon and it has been nice to have something to work towards. It's also a plus to accomplish a goal too. All the girls got a flower after the race and we all got awesome "finisher" shirts.

We were both happy with our times, Ry was aiming to get under 2 hours and he did it by finishing in 1:49. I had a goal to never walk, and basically just finish; and I did both, I never walked and I finished! I'm happy with my time too, 2:02. Now that we've done it once, we have time to try and beat for next time!

This is after we got home, and yes, I sported the tie-dye...

So...no one was there to take our picture when we got home...so this is me trying to reset the timer...

Ya...

Go us!

2 comments:

RF said...

Nice! Great times...It sounds like it was a perfect day for a run!

Lindsey S. said...

Good job! It looks like a lot of fun. Too bad it would take me four hours running that having to lug this extra weight around!