This morning I was overwhelmed with gratitude. I have a wonderful husband who is kind, caring, thoughtful, loving, ambitious, and the worlds best dad. Then I have a beautiful, smart, funny, and crazy little two-year old daughter. I love them both so much. I am so grateful for this phase of life. Life is constantly changing. There are pleasant surprises, there are unpleasant surprises. There are things we are working towards, and there are thing we wish we could change about the past.
But one thing that no one can take from me is the happiness I have, right now. The gratitude for our family, friends, our home, and the gospel in our lives. I love hanging out with Livy all day. I love eating toast and cereal in the morning, going to the gym, making lunch, having naptime, running errands, making dinner, bath time and playing with dad.
I am excited for what our life has in store for us. I anticipate and welcome change. But right now, I love that I'm not running to soccer practices, parent teacher conferences, piano lessons, and the many crazy happenings of a busy mom. That day will come, and I'm excited for that busy life. But I am soaking in these days that we have one by one. The days we have to just go for a walk, go to the park, the zoo, lay in bed and watch a movie, and take our time doing it.
Don't get me wrong, we have our trials, temptations, cries, yells, and tantrums, but I love it. I love that we're a real family, that love each other but sometimes don't like each other. At the end of the day we still read stories together, pray together and give hugs and kisses. So until tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy today.





4 comments:
Oh this is such a fun post! Look at your baby with her long straight hair! Tim didn't recognize her at first :) I love your words in this post too! It reminds me what I heard someone say once when I was in college "Everyone is always so go go go about the future, things to look forward to, the next phase in life. Sometimes we just need to sit back and enjoy the phase we're in right now". I love it! Thanks Becca!
Yep, enjoy the journey, in the words of our sweet prophet. Love you, Becca.
These pictures of her are gorgeous. She will love looking at these when she's older. Im loving her sass more and more every day.
I have been behind in blog-stalking you, I hadn't seen a lot of these. I had thought about straightening Lucy's hair, now I'm really wanting to do it, it looks so cute! It's a good time to think about our blessings, so grateful!
Post a Comment