Livy is like a huge sponge. She retains knowledge like I have never seen. She speaks so incredibly well. She knows all of her colors. She knows almost every animal, and their sound. She can count to 10. And she now can recognize every letter of the alphabet. We have a little alphabet book and she loves to go through and look at each letter and it's accompanying picture (A-apple, B-ball...). She also has a little Elmo's app that she has absolutely loved that has helped a whole bunch as well.
So...with all of that said, here's the proud moment. We were at the post office sending off some more little baby boots, I was busily writing the address on my package and Livy was just standing next to me when I heard her little voice, "ah, um.. a-dub-a-boo (W), A, S, um, T, E!" She looks up at me with a huge grin. My jaw LITERALLY dropped. I was in complete aw in what this little child had just done. There was a garbage can and she had spelled out the letters written on the lid.
She is not even 2! I think we have a little smarty pants on our hands. She is a crazy little bug. She still gets confused and calls the letter "K" "Kite", and the letter "Q" is "Queen", but she sure loves her letters.
I wish I could take the credit...but my child just loves to learn - hopefully she'll hold on to that for a few years!

1 comment:
Smart Girl!
Post a Comment