Monday, September 28, 2009

Gettin' Crafty

The last few weeks I had a bit more leisure time than I was used to, so I decided to try and keep myself busy with a few random projects here and there. I made a baby blanket for brand new Tate Bryant Tingey, some of our best friends' Shannel and Tyler new little adorable boy. It turned out perfect for the little boy.

Then I decided I wanted to figure out how to make those cute little flower bows, so I got my hot glue gun and went at it. They turned out pretty darn cute! I made some bigger flowers too. It's so fun and so easy, and a lot cheaper than buying a bow at the store.



Then, with a hint of Fall in the air I wanted to do something cute for our front door. So I grabbed my mom and we headed to Michael's and got creative. It is so much more fun to make something than to buy it off the shelf! I made this wreath below, and I love it.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute! I want to learn how to make those hair clips one day. Tanner just doesn't have much use for them, though I think they'd spice up his 'do!

Lindsey S. said...

So cute bec! Where did you find those little flowers? I have been looking for some just that size. Bailey won't keep headbands on any more so no more bigger flowers.

Nicole said...

It's so fun to do that stuff isn't it? I didn't used to be into crafty stuff, but now it's what keeps me sane as a new mom. I've done a couple of those flower hair clips. Right now I'm making a new Fall wreath too. I love it so far. Hopefully I'll love the finished product even more. The craft I do the most now is jewelry. I make earrings, necklaces, and bracelets to go with every outfit. So cheap and I end up liking them more than ones I've bought. Plus that earring display holder thing I made was fun and cheap. Yay for trying to be crafty! : )

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

Thanks for the motivation and inspiration, Becca. I love my arrangement, too. You are one amazing young lady. You can just do it all! Lovies.......

Melissa Grow said...

Way cute! I love the Ode to Mothers too. Someday we'll fully understand...

Slim said...

Wow! Can you make one for my door too? :) Those are awesome and the bows turned out adorable. You are a crafty lady. Bet it's fun for you to have your mom around to go hang out with.