Friday, May 22, 2009

It's time for #5

So what have I been doing with my spare time? The Office is done for the season, The Biggest Loser is all said and done, and the Perdues are in California. But I'm in school and working right? Yes, but it being my last two classes, and only 3 weeks left, my motivation is slowly slipping through my fingers. I am taking a golf class, and if I could go to the golfing range everyday I would. But on my list of things to do this summer, it included reading a series of books...



As soon as Winter Semester ended, I began on Book #1, and the 4 weeks since I have spent most of my free-time reading the eventful life of Harry Potter. I have just finished the 4th book and I'm excited and can't wait to get to the 5th. Am I nerd, ya probably, but I love it. I read at the gym, while I'm making dinner, and before I go to bed. Just imagine my grades for this term if I was reading my textbooks that much! A big part of my motivation to read the series comes from the invitation to a Harry Potter Party on July 10th with Ry's extended family. Everyone has to dress up as their favorite character, and everyone has to make and bring some kind of trinket from the books. I have forgotten how much I have loved reading because all the reading I have been doing for 4 years has been forced upon me. Once I'm done with Harry Potter what should I read next? I can't wait.

4 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Not to mention the sixth movie! Just wait for the seventh book. It rocked my world! I think you might like the Uglies and Pretties and that series :) Enjoy the warm weather. I miss you guys!

Melissa Grow said...

That's still on my list of things to do. I think all the books are so daunting, that it intimidates me just a little to start with #1. I agree that I have enjoyed reading so much more now that i can read whatever I want!

Unknown said...

K.... NOW I want to read harry potter. I think ill do that when i get back to Utah. So its set, im scheduled to take the BOC exam on June 13 here in SD and then im driving home on the 14th and start work on the 15th. Ill be home in 3 weeks! And then i want to join you for the rest of your list. YEEEAAAAA!

perdue family said...

Ummmmmm... not sure what happened or what the heck "listentoparents" is but that was me that just posted... i swear. Im weirded out right now. Not sure how it changed.