Saturday, April 4, 2009

Conference Weekend



For all the Farnsworth's that see this picture, I'm sure there is a flood of memories and I hope you're all salivating! A tradition that has been in the Farnsworth household since before I can remember, is that mom would make yummy pudding rolls for Sunday morning of conference. It was only one more reason that we all had to look forward to conference weekend. The rolls are cooked in a bundt pan, so the rolls on the top get a bit more cooked, so growing up there were 7 of us and 24 rolls. So everyone got to have 3, and you had to take at least one burned one. Then we all got to fight over the left over three rolls. But when it's just me and Ry no one has to eat the burned bottoms if we don't want to, and we wanted them this Saturday, we couldn't wait until Sunday.

We had a nice relaxing day of watching conference. I just love the opportunity we have to listen to the words and counsel of the prophet and apostles. After the first and second sessions we went up to Ry's house so the guys could all gather before they were on their way to priesthood. Ry and his dad matched, naturally, someone had to take a picture.



While the boys were gone, all the girls made the cutest cards ever! Sue's sister came with her daughter and daughter-in-law, and then Sue's neice also came. Everyone that came brought their own idea of a card that everyone could then make. We decided that when you make a cards you spend most of the time just deciding what to do. So why not have someone else design a card and then everyone get to benefit. We loved our girl time! Thanks for a fun night Sue!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Those look delicious! I need the recipe :)

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

That's my girl..............thanks for carrying on a wonderful tradition. It'll be fun to have them again. I had to make plain ol' cinnamon rolls. (I can't believe you really took a picture of them......but then again, I can!) We love you!

Melissa Grow said...

Those are cute. And yes- we carried on the tradition this morning. And it's way better when there's only 4 of us sharing them. No rules!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Becca! I just found your blog through the Hills! Cute! I am excited to keep in touch this way!

david and kinsley harper said...

it looks like you had a very fun day!!! im so jealous

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! i'm doing a give away on my blog. comment to enter. winner posted sunday!
carolinewessel.blogspot.com

Linda Hall said...

I used to make these rolls all the time, when I had more people to eat them!! Try putting tin foil, loosely over them so they can raise in the oven while they bake, and you won't have any burnt ones. Just take the foil off the last 6 to 8 minutes before they are done!! They looked so good. You are quite the cook! Yum!!