I love the 4th of July. Seriously the best holiday EVER! Especially in Provo. Ryan, me, Jen, Tim and David all ran the 10K this year. Ryan and I ran together from start to finish and I got my personal best at 49:47. Yahoo! My goal was to beat 50:00...good thing for those precious 13 seconds, because I did it! It felt great. It was perfect weather for a race, and was so much fun running through the streets with all the parade goers.
We met up with Sue, who had little Livy, and then met up with my parents who saved us some seats for the parade. It was really nice in the shade...until the parade actually started, and then it was sooo hot! Poor Livy had the rosiest cheeks, we left a bit early, but Livy loved seeing the horses, princesses, balloons and all the music and people. It was a very successful morning. - Sorry mom and dad, I guess I didn't get a picture of you guys! :(
We took little power nap, then had a delicious feast of a brunch. Sweet rolls, quiche, baked oatmeal, and lots of fruit...I forgot to get a picture until most of the food was devoured.
Then we went up to the Jackon's for a nice swimming sesh. Livy loved playing with Auntie Jen and Uncle Bimbo. The grammy's even went swimming. The basketball was brought out, and then the slide got in the picture, and this became quite the competition for all of the men. The must have each tried at least 4 or 5 times to make a basket while going down the slide. It made for some great memorable pictures!
Livy played with her toys so nicely while we got dinner ready. Ryan barbecued some chicken, which we had with corn on the cob, a nice fresh salad, and watermelon. Talk about the perfect summer dinner.
We are so grateful for all of the freedoms that we have. We are grateful for the chance we have to live in America. We are even more grateful for those who dedicate theirs lives to serving and protecting our country. Hope everyone had a great 4th!


1 comment:
Those were fabulous pictures of the lily white boy bodies coming off the slide.
Post a Comment