I have learned so much from Livy about being a mother. She has taught me how to truly and unconditionally love. Love regardless of the situation. Regardless of what's been done or said. To love and care all day, everyday.
She's taught me how to take time to sit down, to play, to laugh, to wrestle, and to enjoy those little moments we have to spend with one another and be as silly as we want.
She's taught me how to be flexible with my time. To not care about the little things. To take things as they come and be grateful for the many blessings we do have.
She's taught me just how important food and sleep are. I always have some kind of snack in my purse. She's a hungry little bug!
She's taught me to love Jesus. To be like Jesus. And to make sure the spirit can always be felt in our home.
She is the light of my life. She makes me so happy. She makes me a better person.
Ryan and I have also had the great opportunity this last year to live with his parents. They have been so generous to open up their home to us. I have loved getting to know my mother-in-law, Sue, better than I think I ever could have been able to. Sue has taught me so much about being a mother.
She's taught me to always love my children, to help them, and to lead and guide them.
She's taught me to take advantage of every minute of every day. She is so amazing at using her time wisely. She is always working on a project, always cleaning/organizing an area of her home, and makes every moment matter.
She is always going to lunch with friends, with neighbors, with her mother and sisters, and strengthening the relationships she has and creating new friendships daily.
I love her enthusiasm. I love how excited she is to tell me about something she heard on the news, the groceries that were on sale, and planning the upcoming vacation.
She's taught me to always be sensitive to others. To only speak kind words. To always apologize and never let any contention build between one another.
She is an amazing woman.
Then also being back here in Utah, and 2 miles from my parents home I get to see my mom almost every day (we go to the gym together), our dinners together every Wednesday night, and our Sunday dinners as a family as well.
She has taught me to always put family first. To put your own selfishness aside and do what your family needs.
Be willing to sacrifice whatever it will take to make your family happy.
To not just go the extra mile, go the extra 100 miles.
Don't just give a gift, give a thoughtful and loving gift.
She's taught me to sew. To sew well. And never shy away from a new and ambitious project.
She's taught me to enjoy being with family, to look forward to being with family, and relishing every moment with family.
She's taught me to love my Heavenly Father. To be a righteous mother. To be a good example to my children.
She's taught me to love my husband unconditionally. To support him no matter the case. To stand by his side and be his #1 fan.
She's such a wonderful mother.
If you read this blog, then you are someone who I care about, who has made an influence on my life and continue to influence me each day. I love the opportunity I have to read your blogs, to learn from you, and yearn to be like you. Mother or not you make an influence on others and on others children. Happy Mother's Day to all of you!




2 comments:
Love you too!
Such a sweet post! Motherhood really is just the best. I cannot even believe how old Livy looks in that first picture! Time just goes by way too fast
Post a Comment