As long as she had her blankie, her binky, and her Love Bug she was as happy as can be.
We had a great reception at the finish line - Grammy and Grandpa! Livy got her medal for finishing her first race with Mama. Dave ran the race too and did really well! He had his little new baby Savvy to cheer him on.
After the race we headed to the Farnsworth home for some traditional cinnamon rolls (the parade wasn't in the cards this year...maybe next year!). During Livy's nap I decided she needed a red flower to complete her white and blue outfit. So thanks to youtube, I made this cute little crocheted flower!
Livy and Grammy in their Patriotic attire.
We had a lunchtime BBQ (hamburgers and hot dogs) with the Jacksons, Grandma Mimi and John came as well. Then we had a dinnertime BBQ (steak and potatoes) with the Farnsworths, Nanny, my Uncle Rob and cousin Emily. My Nanny has a dog, and my Uncle Rob has two - Livy loved the doggies! She was giggling, laughing, and playing - especially with little Babs. Then....this was probably my most proud moment of the day...Ryan made ice cream - all by himself! If you know Ryan, then you know that this is absolutely amazing. I didn't help him one bit. He bought the ingredients, made the custard (to a perfect boil), let it chill, and anxiously awaited for his custard to thicken into a yummy creamy vanilla bean ice cream (in the ice cream maker). I thought it was so cute - he said to me "I've spent all day making this, I just want so badly for it to turn out." Now I hope he has a little bit more of an understanding for why I cry over burnt cookies :)
It was a fantastic and wonderful whirlwind of a weekend. We're excited to be here. We still can't believe we are here. But we're excited to see what's ahead of us. We are grateful for the chance we have to spend time with family. But one thing I have come to realize more than anything else is that I don't care where we live, as long as I'm with my little family I'll always be home.
Hope you all had a Happy 4th! I am so proud to be an American!









2 comments:
Yay for the 4th in Provo! This year was one of my only's away from Provo for the 4th. I made some cookies the other day...and they turned out awful, Tim says he likes them, but I think he's just being nice. The altitude messes me up over here. But it looks like you had such a fun day, the Livy is growing up so much (Hi Livy, auntie loves you) and go Ry on making some yummy ice cream! That looks oh so delicioso!!! Love you!
And yes, for some reason I called your child "the Livy". She's already a legend apparently.
Post a Comment