Monday, April 21, 2014

First Dance Recital

Putting Livy in dance this January was probably one of the best things we have done for this girl. She has loved her dance class. She loved her teacher Ms. Erika, and we were so excited to find out that she is building a house, with her studio in the basement, just down the street from us! I am excited for the next few years with her. The last class, Livy had played hard all morning, and we went right to dance class, and as soon as she got home, she crashed on the couch. This never ever happens. I loved her sleeping there in her cute little tutu.

A few weeks ago we got to get Livy all dressed up in her costume, did her her hair and make up for the class pictures. She was so excited to get all dolled up again for her actual recital. She loved looking at herself in the mirror, winking at herself, and dancing around so she could look at her reflection in the fireplace. I took way too many pictures, and couldn't decide which ones to put on here, so I just did a lot. She was just so cute and happy. 






The dance recital was such a huge proud parenting moment. It was so cute, and so hilarious all at once. The girls were on stage waiting for the music to come on, so Livy started waving, and saying "hi mom!", then she gave me a big and confident double thumbs up. She looked like she was having so much fun, and was so confident. 








We had so much fun watching our girls' first dance recital. I hope our kids can always find something that makes them so happy and shine like Livy did in this recital. 







No comments: