This little girl brings so much joy to our home and our family. She has so much personality. She is always wanting to carry around her "things". This usually consists of some small pink toys. Sometimes her princesses, sometimes books, sometimes her ponies or their combs, and maybe even pink crayons.
She loves to color. But she'll pick out only the cool colors, the pinks, purples, and blues. She'll line them all up and then color. Things always have to be orderly and straight. I will often come in my bathroom and find all of my hair products all lined up somewhere.
She has found a new love with blowing bubbles. We bought her a big bucket for Easter, and she is always wanting to go out on the back porch and blow bubbles, especially with dad.
Livy is the expert at a silent tantrum. People think this is better than kids who kick and scream, but I still find it frustrating. If she doesn't get what she wants, or if there is a sudden change of plans without someone explaining to her what's happening, she'll turn and walk away and put her heads in her hands. Sometimes she'll turn around, fold her arms, and let out a loud audible sigh. A lot of times these tantrums just make me laugh. But other times, when I really need her to do something because we're trying to hurry, or trying to leave, or in public, she gets even more defiant if I try and force her to do it.
I love when I give her something to eat and she'll say, "Oh! It tastes good!"
She doesn't always eat very well, so when she does I always tell her how good of a job she's doing. So when I'm eating, she'll often say, "Good job mama! That's a great bite mama!"
Her new favorite songs to sing...often...are "The ABC's" and she just repeats the song..."And now I know my A, B, C, D, E...." She's so funny. She also loves "Twinkle Twinkle", and a song we found on YouTube called "Family Fingers".
Our little 2 1/2 year old. She is just the light of our lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment