Sunday, December 9, 2012

Candy House/White Elephant Gift Par-tay

I had the best friends in high school. They are the funniest girls you will every meet. A few have moved away,  we're all going down different walks of life, but it's so fun to find time to get together. I hosted a party for the few of us still around, significant others, but no kids. It was so much fun. It was an Ugly Sweater party as well...but Ryan and I had such a crazy busy week, I was embarrassed not to have an ugly sweater! But it was fun nonetheless. 

We started out decorating our little graham cracker houses. They all turned out amazing. The frosting I used was : 1 lb. powdered sugar, 1 tsp. cream of tartar, and 3 egg whites - then you beat it until it's stiff, using a bit of water if needed. Then bag it up quick before it starts to harden. It worked out perfectly. 



The white elephant gift exchange. We all grabbed a gift, then read that "Mr. Right" story to pass them right or left. There were some pretty awesome gifts - a season of "Full House", an "air guitar", a box of old VHS's, and my favorite was a bar of soap shaped like Mitt Romney. Good times, lots of laughs. 







The whole gang and their houses. (Caity & Tom, Mike & CeLisa, Ali & Daniel, Us, Lauren & Devon).





By the end of the night my cheeks hurt so bad from smiling and laughing. Can't wait for our next get together. 


No comments: