Monday, February 8, 2010

The Drama

I've never watched The Bachelor. I haven't been a sucker for the drama, the love and the undeniably staged passion. I have never anxiously waited for Monday night to see how relationships were going to grow, and the least loved chick was going to go. But I have to admit, this season has sucked me right in. I crave the drama, I analyze the stupid small little details, and I look forward to what each episode will bring. My new neighbor and buddy, Lindsay, is a Bachelor fanatic and has been since it has been on the air. She is actually the real reason why I started watching this dumb show, but I don't blame her one bit, it wouldn' t be nearly as much fun watching it without anyone else there to criticize and laugh at how foolish people can be. That's why they have the show isn't it? To make you realize, man I love being married...I love not having my husband date 6 other girls the same time as me...I love not having to win someone over in 5 weeks or else I'm out of the lime light and out of a chance at love. Anyway,the second biggest reason I watch the show is because our husbands, both named Ryan, get together and get to spend good quality man time, we like to call it their "man-date". It's healthy to have a little guy time, with no crazy-silly girls around. We look forward to our Monday nights.

7 comments:

aunt nancy said...

And then...do you watch "Castle?" Oh, you HAVE to stay and watch "Castle." Such a chick show.
(I predict Ali will come back and furthur shake things up. I hope Tenley gets the ring.)

Nicole said...

I already know everything that will happen this season and who the girl is in the end, but I still love watching it every Monday! I love Monday nights too!!!

Carol Davis said...

I know the feeling. Brent's mom came to Utah to see us and she got me watching it last year. I always thought that it was the dumbest thing in the world, but when you have another girl to watch it with it makes it for fun. The funniest thing though is that Brent will come and sit down to watch it and ask me questions about whats going on.

Lindsey S. said...

I didn't start watching until about 3 seasons ago and I;m sucked in too. It's so interesting to see how people act. Julie (who we live with) watch it together. It's way more fun to have somebody to laugh with! Now I can talk to you about it when we get together. Which we need to soon. I'm having friends withdrawals!

Natalie said...

I must admit I am an avid Bachelor watcher. It really is kinda trashy but i can't help but get sucked in. Who are you routing for? :)

Becca said...

I'm all for Tenley. I think she's the best for him. Gia is too insecure and has kind of a sketchy family and background. Ali is too flaky and two faced, and Vienna...well we all know she's got to be gone soon :)

Tyler and Shannel Tingey said...

I'm right with you Bec. I love it and Ty and I have been sucked in too. I'm excited to see what happens tonight! Love you girl, I had fun seeing you today. Lets try and get together Friday night.