Sunday, February 14, 2010

Delightful Dinner Dance

We had the perfect Valentine weekend, it was a lot more than just a day! Friday - we went to dinner at Zupas and saw the new movie 'Valentine's Day', which we laughed and loved (but if you didn't like it, then forget I said that :). Saturday - I made delicious heart-shaped sugar cookies with bright pink frosting, they were fluffy, and I didn't burn one batch, they were probably the best batch of sugar cookies I've ever made! Ry brought me home the most beautiful flowers, I love them so much, especially since he picked the arrangement out himself, who needs a florist? He also washed and vacuumed my car, and took me shopping in the afternoon. He's the best hubby ever, I love him to pieces.

Then that night, we got all dolled up and went with our friends Ryan and Lindsay Durrant to the Thanksgiving Point Valentine's Dinner Dance. We bought our tickets a month ago, so it was so nice to not have to worry about crowds, or reservations, or anything! They had a delectable 3 course meal, pictures, candy, and a live Jazz band! We definitely got our grove on and danced the night away. It was such a fun date. We were probably the youngest people there, but were the most entertaining on the dance floor, ha!

I wanted to make a yummy Valentines breakfast for Ry, so I made his favorite pudding rolls. Once again, I seriously think this is the best batch I have ever made! As we were about to eat, Ry asked me, "you're proud of those aren't you?", you bet I was!!


It was the best Valentines weekend ever, I love being with my best friend all the time, he is so handsome, works so hard, is so smart, has such a powerful testimony, and I can't wait to spend eternity with him!!

4 years ago today was our first kiss? Cute eh?

1 comment:

Jen said...

ooooh those look so yummmmmmy....and they were :)