I just don't know what to do with this girl. She is crazy, funny, smart, nuts-o, kind, caring and silly all at once. I have been trying to write down some things that she says because they just make me laugh. I am just trying to embrace this silly young age and not get to frustrated with everything else that comes with it.
Livy will often say "Yester-Night" and "Last-Day". I mean we say "yesterday" and "last night", so it makes perfect sense to me! She also has a hard time with the "th" sound. So when she is counting she often skips 13, because "firteen" and "fourteen" sound an awful lot the same. She has also loved coming to scouts with us, she will look forward to it all week, and call the boys "Our Scouts". She loves to take them treats and flirt with them all.
She has become a lot more helpful around the house, and has even started making her bed when I ask her to. It makes me so happy to see her bed "made", some time with 15 stuffed animals. She loves to play with Penny, and will often ask to help feed her, or get her food or toys. She also loves to run into her room when she is waking up from a nap and climb in the crib with her and play for a few minutes.
They've even taken a few baths together. Not always, because Penny gets slippery buns and can't sit up the whole time, and Livy likes to stretch out her legs and take up all the room. But this was the first bath they ever took together, and boy did Penny get excited to see someone in there to play with her!
Livy is very good at coloring, doing stickers and playing with play dough. One day I asked her if she could put the play dough away and in the fridge. I was happy to come into the kitchen and see that she had indeed cleaned up the play dough. I then had to laugh pretty hysterically when I opened the fridge a few hours later to see she had indeed put the play dough in the fridge, but just not in the bag. It just made me happy that she was trying so hard just to help out.
This girl already gets crushes on boys. She gets all red and when I tease her she'll say, "MOM! Stop!". It makes me so excited for the years ahead. We have a new family in the ward, the Poulsen's, that we've become good friends with. Livy loves to hang out with Hank. He has two older sisters, so he knows how to play with girls and knows to play a little more gently with them. They are the cutest. I just love this little girl and can't get enough of her... most of the time.
The last few weeks, we'll get Livy ready for bed, read her some books, sing her some songs, and she's almost asleep, and then she'll say "Mom...." and these are some of the questions that follow:
What's a man village? (jungle book)
Are gorilla's good animals?
What's a goblin?
How long will it take to be tall like Kate and Meg? (the Poulsen girls)
Is a cheetah going to come into our house? (from Tarzan)

1 comment:
Haha you probably love waiting to hear what comes after the "mom..." when she's going to bed. She really is such a cute girl. I die over the pictures of her and Penny, you can tell that they just love each other so much!!! And teasing her about boys...that girl has so much personality, I love it!
Post a Comment