Monday, October 21, 2013

Livy's 3rd Birthday

Livy loves birthdays. She loves singing to people, she loves blowing out candles, and she loves opening presents. We have been talking about this birthday for quite a few months now. She said she wanted a "Pink" party. Ryan's parents were returning from Europe, and my mom was in Texas with my sister, so on her actual birthday we just had a little party with our own little family. I was excited to try a rosette frosted cake that I had seen. It was truly so easy! I just bought the 1M tip, and just did a swirl, the tip did all the work. I loved how it turned out, and it was delicious too!

We love this little 3 year old. She is so funny, has so much personality, is always making us laugh, and often making us frustrated, loves pink, loves princesses, loves coloring with her crayons, loves watching princess shows, loves snacking, and is such a curious and smart little girl. She is doing great with preschool, and always looks forward to it. This morning on our way there, I told her she had to be a good girl at preschool, and she said, "Mom, I am always good at preschool", in a very exaggerated tone. 



I wasn't quite sure what to do for a birthday party with her friends, since she wanted a "pink" party and we had just moved down to Provo, away from all of her friends. So I planned a last minute get together. We had everyone come down to Provo to the Jacksons house and we played down in the gym. It was perfect. We let the kids run around, ate some pizza and cupcakes and opened presents. It was the perfect little party. I was sad I didn't get a full group shot! We had the best neighbors and friends. 



That weekend we had Jane Anne and Colby, as well as Rob and Julie and their family in town, so it was perfect for a big family party. So I had a very pink party. I let her pick out some pink flowers. Then we had some Shirley's raspberry rolls, strawberry and raspberry skewers with a marshmallow dip, pink popcorn, pink candy, pink snickerdoodle muffins, pink yogurt and raspberries, pink chocolate dipped strawberries and some pink raspberry water. 







It was a nice relaxing family brunch. We had a great time with all of our family in town. It was the perfect pink party. 















No comments: