Sunday, August 4, 2013

SOLD - In Less than 24 Hours

We listed our house Tuesday afternoon. Two hours later, Rob, my uncle and Realtor said we had someone that wanted to come Wednesday to look at it. Also on Tuesday afternoon Ryan left to Boston for work. So I cleaned and organized and got our house in top shape for the showing Wednesday afternoon. Livy, Sarge and I all went out to the park by the temple with our friends Jess and Oliver. We had a picnic while we were waiting for the people looking at our house. We came home, and not even two hours later I got an email saying we got our very first offer on the house.

We listed it for $199,900. The offer was for $200,500 and we paid the closing costs. We counted with $200, 500 and they paid closing costs. So they increased the offer to $204,500 and we paid closing. It was crazy! We basically got what we wanted with the very first offer! Ryan was traveling, going to dinner and the Red Sox game all while this was happening. But we were able to get the papers signed and be under contract. Since I am having my baby some time this month, they still want to close the end of August, but thankfully they're letting us rent for the month of September so we have some time to adjust. We will then move in with my parents for about 3 months until our house is complete in January.

Holy moly. What a summer. What a blessing. But what madness. Building a house, selling a house, having a baby and moving twice, all within 6 months.

I have to admit, when we got the offer, I sat here on my couch and just cried. It was exciting, I should be ecstatic that we were able to get what we wanted that quickly. But I was so overwhelmed with the reality of having to move with a newborn. Overwhelmed with the idea of leaving this cute town home for the second time, and leaving our friends again for the second time. It was all so much, and so fast. I barely had time to digest that fact that we had listed our home let alone sell it to someone.

Then I went to my 36 week appointment. And the doctor said I was already almost at 2 cm and 70% effaced. I guess the stress of cleaning your house, listing it and selling it could put you in to labor!! I have less than 3 weeks until my induction date, but with the contractions I've been having I doubt I'll make it that long. But then again, I don't want to get my hopes up that she will come early. We'll take her whenever we can get her. We are so excited for this new phase of our life, being a 4 person family, and a new home. We just need to survive these next crazy 5 months!

1 comment:

Linds said...

That is amazing! Congrats!