Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tubing the Rapid Provo River...

Ry and I started out our weekend by renewing our Costco memberships, Hurray! We love Costco. We got a cart full of necessities and we are loving our giant strawberries and dried mangos.


Saturday was an adverturous day with the Perdues. We sacraficed our lives just driving down Provo Canyon...Tristan was driving...and we rented some tubes, sat in a stinky old bus forever, and then we were finally on our way. We had so much fun, it was definitley worth it even though...
1. the water was melted snow and freezing (it really wasn't that bad),
2. we ran into a few trees and bushes on our way,
3. Tristan lost his tube and floated down on the rocks,
4. we all had rashes on our arms from laying on our stomaches and trying to paddle furiously, and
5. we were tuckered out after almost 2 hours of floating.





We then went swimming at Ry's house to relax a little bit and had some yummy Brick Oven pizza. After a little nap we went to see BATMAN. We didn't get home until after 1:00, but once again, it was worth it. We really really liked it, of course it was called "The Dark Knight", so there wasn't much happiness with puppies and rainbows, but it was very well done.

This was the line to get into the theater...yep down the hall, around the corner...we thought being an hour early was going to be good enough...

We love sitting in line...

Cute Brittany and Tristan...

7 comments:

perdue family said...

OH I LOVE IT!!!! You recorded our adventures so accurately i feel like i just need to put a link to your page and call it a post. haha. We need to have more fun adventures that soon.

Megano said...

Ha! I love the provo river! Seriously one of my favorite summer activites.... I thought the dark night was really really well done, but you are right not the most uplifting. Glad you had a fun weekend!!

The Clevelands said...

Love the blog! You two are so cute together! I have a little puppy, too and I swear she was like my little baby until I had Cooper. Now she feels a little left out I think! Its good to know there's other people who love their dogs like I do!

Lindsey S. said...

You turned Saturday into a BIG day! I would have collapsed way before Brick Oven!

Kate and Peter Lowe said...

How fun! Oh I wish we were in Utah right now where we could play and do all that fun stuff! What a blast! Didn't you love Batman! We saw it opening night and thought it was awesome!

Cason and Marie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Tubing the Provo River is so fun but cold. Tonight my husband went fly fishing, and we saw a beaver...scared me to death! Crazy that you can tube down with animals all around, and you wouldn't even know it!

Melissa Grow said...

Sounds like a fun time! This was actually movie weekend for me: Batman on Friday with Ryan and Mamma Mia with my friend Katie on Saturday. I will agree that Batman did not have any puppies and rainbows, unless the dogs were involved in some sort of killing... And let's just say that I'm glad Ryan wasn't with us on Saturday, he wouldn't have appreciated the cheesiness of Abba and spontaneous sing and dance. Good times!